Something Fishy and Tasty…… Yummy
Serves: 4 , Preparation Time: 30 minutes, Method: Easy
1) Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp + 2 tsp extra
2) onion – 2 thinly sliced
3) salt – a pinch to taste
4) tomatoes – 8 large, roughly chopped
5) garlic cloves – 4, crushed
6) ginger – a thumb sized piece, roughly chopped
7) Madras curry paste – 3 tbsp
8) coconut milk – 165 ml
9) coriander – a large handful, finely chopped + extra sprigs to serve
10) basa fillets – 500 g, skinned
11) plain flour – 6 tbsp
12) Basmati rice – to serve
Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan. Tip in the onions and salt. Cook for about 8 minutes until soft and golden.
Meanwhile, blitz the tomatoes, garlic and ginger to a smooth puree in a food processor. Add the curry paste to the onions and fry for 2 more minutes. Stir in the tomato mix and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Add the coconut milk and chopped coriander. Simmer again to thicken.
Dust the fish in some seasoned flour. Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan. Cook the fillets in batches over high heat for 1 minute on each side, until they begin to brown. Carefully place the fish in the tomato mixture and simmer until just cooked through. Scatter over coriander sprigs and serve with rice.
PER SERVING: 4300 calories, protein 30g, carbs 33g, fat 19g, saturated fat 7g, fiber 5g, sugar 9g, salt 0.8g